From 1 to 9 May 2021 - Mealhada, Portugal.
In this program, the municipality of Mealhada will organize the following events:
- Historical recreation of the Peninsular War - 3rd French Invasion - Batalha do Bussaco (GRHMA)
- Concert with the Light Army Band Venue: Alameda do Luso (open air) maximum capacity 50 seats in accordance with DGS guidelines in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Interpretative and interactive walking routes Location: Mata Nacional do Bussaco and in the areas of the territory related to the battle.
- Presentation of the play "Burnt Land: invasion and resistance
- Presentation of the documentary "Wellington's first line".
This event has been approved by the scientific committee of the European Federation of Napoleonic Cities as part of the commemoration of the 2021 bicentenary. More info here.