Saturday, July 3, 2021, from 10am to 11pm - Montereau-Fault-Yonne, France.
The commemorations in Montereau will take place both in the town centre, where a parade of Napoleonic military troops will be held on the bridges of Montereau, and in the Parc des Noues.
Re-enactments of bivouacs, activities, craft market, children's workshops, exhibition, conference, shows... So many events will be held to commemorate the bicentenary of Napoleon's death.
10am-7pm | Reconstitution of a bivouac of the Napoleonic era, of a civil village with Napoleonic animations in the Parc des Noues:
- Training of the rider under the Empire with the race of the heads,
- Pistol shooting,
- Skirmishes horsemen against horsemen and horsemen against infantrymen,
- Craft market.
Animations for children around various workshops:
- Creation of Napoleon's hat and sculpture workshop;
- Manufacture of small napoleonic soldiers in clay;
- Shooting range and wooden games;
- Educational farm and pony ride;
- Initiation to drumming, juggling, with a fire-eating show;
- Discover the old market in the form of a treasure hunt;
- Short sketches of the battle of Montereau ;
- Animation for children around books about Napoleon.
15h | Parade of troops on the bridges of Montereau around the statue of Napoleon.
7pm to 11pm | Catering on the spot with gastronomic dishes of the period.
21h | Dance show under the Empire.
23h | Great live show "sound, light & video" retracing the life of Napoleon and the imperial epic.
This event has been approved by the scientific committee of the European Federation of Napoleonic Cities as part of the commemoration of the 2021 bicentenary. More info here.