Saturday, July 3, 2021, from 10am to 11pm - Montereau-Fault-Yonne, France.
The commemorations in Montereau will take place both in the town centre, where a parade of Napoleonic military troops will be held on the bridges of Montereau, and in the Parc des Noues.
Re-enactments of bivouacs, activities, craft market, children's workshops, exhibition, conference, shows... So many events will be held to commemorate the bicentenary of Napoleon's death.
10am-7pm | Reconstitution of a bivouac of the Napoleonic era, of a civil village with Napoleonic animations in the Parc des Noues:
- Training of the rider under the Empire with the race of the heads,
- Pistol shooting,
- Skirmishes horsemen against horsemen and horsemen against infantrymen,
- Craft market.
Animations for children around various workshops:
- Creation of Napoleon's hat and sculpture workshop;
- Manufacture of small napoleonic soldiers in clay;
- Shooting range and wooden games;
- Educational farm and pony ride;
- Initiation to drumming, juggling, with a fire-eating show;
- Discover the old market in the form of a treasure hunt;
- Short sketches of the battle of Montereau ;
- Animation for children around books about Napoleon.
15h | Parade of troops on the bridges of Montereau around the statue of Napoleon.
7pm to 11pm | Catering on the spot with gastronomic dishes of the period.
21h | Dance show under the Empire.
23h | Great live show "sound, light & video" retracing the life of Napoleon and the imperial epic.